White Composite Fillings
When a tooth is decayed, cracked, or broken a dental filling can be used to restore the structural integrity of the tooth. Made from synthetic resins, composite white fillings are the preferred choice for these restorative dental treatments.
Our dentists in Point Cook use only the finest dental composite materials. Although sometimes referred to as ÔÇ£whiteÔÇØ composite fillings, they are actually tooth-coloured. A custom shade that matches the individualÔÇÖs existing smile is created for each patient. The result is a pleasing finish, indistinguishable from a natural unaltered tooth. It is an extremely common and safe procedure that millions of people undergo every year.
Benefits of White Tooth Fillings:
- Sometimes referred to as white fillings, but in fact are tooth-coloured
- Blend seamless into the existing smile
- Durable and able to withstand normal dental activities like eating, drinking, and chewing gum
- Temperature resistant. Very hot or very cold drinks will have no effect on composite filling
- Help stabilise and support the dental structure of the mouth.
- Protect the remaining natural tooth material
- Completely safe, with none of the health concerns associated with metal amalgam fillings
When is a Tooth Filling performed?
Repairing decayed, broken or chipped teeth
- Broken teeth
- Replacing loose or missing fillings
- Repairing dental gaps
- Misshapen teeth